Business Mirror is a Philippine broadsheet newspaper published Monday to Friday in English. Its main focus is business and the issues that affect Philippine business and economics.
BusinessMirror was founded on 3 October 2005 by the Cabangon Chua clan, which had longtime experience in publishing.
Overview of contents
BusinessMirror covers local and international news that has bearing on the Philippine business sphere. While its focus is business news, it gives information not only about economics, markets, companies, and industries but covers news about all the people and elements that may have an effect on business-related developments and trends. It seeks not only to inform its readers on policies and statistics but to provide the means to understand these. Its various columnists provide analysis and commentary on relevant issues. Outstanding business practices and admirable individuals are among the subjects of their features.
BusinessMirror also has tie-ups with respected news organizations such as Bloomberg, Associated Press, the Washington Post-Los Angeles Times News Service, and the New York Times News Service. Locally, it is in a content-sharing partnership with the respected ANC news channel of ABS-CBN. Its collaboration with global partners allows it to give readers additional features such as the “Monday Morning” service from Harvard Business School which gives brief, practical advice to businessmen, and the “Winning” column of former General Electric CEO Jack Welch and his wife Suzy, the former editor of Harvard Business Review.
In addition, the newspaper publishes the Jobs Advertising Monitor (JAM), a special monthly section put together by its research staff in order to explain to business, policymakers, planners and workers what economic trends are signaled by current job ads.
- The Economy – provides analysis of economic trends. Once a week it features the Department of Trade and Industry’s Price Monitor on staples plus a column that provides consumers with actual cases, the regulations that govern them, and what to do
- Ah, Life – lifestyle and entertainment section with columns on the arts, style, relationships, and parenting
- Sports – provides globally-oriented sports news coverage
The Philippine Business Daily Mirror Publishing, Inc.
- 2nd Floor, Dominga Building (Annex), 2113 Chino Roces Avenue corner De La Rosa Street, Makati City, Philippines. Tel. Nos. (Editorial) 817-9467; 813-0725; 817-8407; 812-1691. Fax line: 813-7025. (Advertising Sales) 817-5351; 817-1351, 817-2807 and +639228909088. (Circulation) 893-1662; 814-0134 to 36.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org