Foster Child Movie Poster
|Directed by||Brillante Mendoza|
|Produced by||Robbie Tan|
|Written by||Ralston Jover|
|Starring|| Cherry Pie|
|Music by||Jerrold Tarog|
|Editing by||Charliebebs Goheta|
|Distributed by||Seiko Films|
|Running time||90 minutes|
Thelma (Cherry Pie Picache) lives with her husband Dado and two sons (Alwyn Uytingco and Jiro Manio) in a slum area in Manila. She was a regular contact of Kaisahan Buhay Foundation (KBF), an NGO helping abandoned children, to render temporary home and care to them with a pay of 1,500 pesos a month, until a formal adoption by rich couples has been made.
John-John (Kier Segundo) has been with Thelma's family for three years and treated the child as their own. The emotional struggle of the film begins when John-John is to be handed over to his legal adoptive American parents.
- Cherry Pie Picache- Thelma
- Kier Segundo- John-John
- Eugene Domingo- Baanca
- Jiro Manio- Yuri
- Alwyn Uytingco- Gerald
- Dan Alvaro - Dado
- Osian Cinefan Film Festival (Paris) Best Actress award for Cherry Pie Picache
- 2008 Gawad Urian Best Actress award for Cherry Pie Pichache
- - Noel
- "Foster Child." Catholic Initiative for Enlightened Movie Appreciation, 14 September 2007. http://www.cbcpworld.com/cinema/reviews/fosterchild.html (accessed on February 20, 2008).
- "Foster Child - Movie Preview." Starmometer. 13 September 2007, http://www.starmometer.com/2007/09/13/foster-child-movie-preview/ (accessed on February 20, 2008).